Visa Application and Information
All visa application for kenya are handled by the Ministry of Foreign affairs through the online lodgement and since 1st September 2017, the department also started issuing the Kenyan East African Passport online. The Kenya Visa application is straight forward, as long as a visa applicant has established that they meet all requirements to receive the category of visa for which they are applying. The process should take atleast 2 working days to get the eVisa. Plan accordingly. Any citizen of a foreign country wishing to enter The Republic of Kenya, generally must first obtain an eVisa through http://www.ecitizen.go.ke.
Find out more on nationals of the countries that may be issued with an eVisas Upon Application, nationals exempted from obtaining a Visa, and persons do not require a Visa to Enter Kenya on the M.O.F.E. Visa Requirements Page
Transit Visa Appication
- You require an onward Ticket to apply for a Transit Visa
Entry Requirements (On Arrival)
- Passport Valid for at least Six Months
- eVisa Printout from http://www.eCitizen.go.ke
- Travel itinerary
- Supporting letter e.g. letter from company or Invitation letter for business visits/family visits. or
- Hotel bookings/details about places to visit if going as tourist
How to Apply for a Kenyan Visa
You need to:
- Click register on http://www.ecitizen.go.ke.
- Select Register as a Visitor.
- Once Logged in, Select Deparment of Immigration services.
- Select submit Appplication.
- Select Kenyan Visa.
- Select the type of Visa and read the Instructions Carefully.
- Fill in the application form.
- Pay Using visa card, Mastercard and other debit cards.
- Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account.
- Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
- Visa processing fee is non refundable.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The possession of an eVisa is not the final Authority to enter Kenya.
- Engaging in any form of business or employment without a requisite permit or pass is an offence.
- A visa is required prior to entry into The Republic of Kenya.
- The e-Visa printout must be presented at the port of entry.
- It should take atleast 2 working days to get your eVisa.
- Each adult visitor to the Republic of Kenya is required to submit evisa applications in their personal ecitizen account. Parents can apply for their children in the parents account.
- Visit Kenya: 6 Reason to Visit Kenya
- Overview of the Geography of Kenya
- Climate and Agro-climatic Zones in Kenya
- How Kenya is Dealing with Climate Change
- Coast, Safaris, Fauna and Flora in Kenya
- 10 Outstanding Game Parks in Kenya
- 10 Funny Things About the Mara Migration
- 13 Unique Hotels Around Kenya
- Unique Safari Lodges in Kenya
- Climbing in Kenya – Hiking in Kenya
- 10 Funny Things About Driving in Nairobi
- Health Regulations in Kenya – Malaria
- Kenya Visa Information & Requirements